Mixed Media Art

Translate

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Zendala Dare #84 and 19 more. 

This is my  mandala for #84 from Erin at the Bright Owl.
I don't really like it, but I don't feel like doing another one...


This is the one I really wanted to share.


19 templates were used for this 16 x 20 inch piece.  
2,7,28,41,42,43,50,52,53,54,55,58,59,62,70,7,73,75 and 79.
I worked on this for about 7 days - long hours.  I just couldn't stop!
These are some progress photos.  I used some magic marker 'liquid crayons' for this project.  I found them in my art supplies.  I'm guessing they are from the early 80s, but still worked quite well.  Next time I will try again to leave some white. 
 It just didn't work out this time, even though I was going to...

Now I can go back to see what other people did with these templates!











8 comments:

  1. In one word "FANTASTIC"
    So much work and such a beautiful piece of ART !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Mariët!!! Thanks for sharing the profress to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lot to see and i see also a lot of fun making this artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely fantastic idea! It's beautiful and very inspiring...which means I would love to copy your idea! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly beautiful. Love all the colors going on too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun! I like all the variety in #84. What a cool idea to combine all the templates-Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all! I really am having fun with this. Inspired by http://tinkeredart.blogspot.com/ and 'Peter draws', I am going to do some with the woodburner and see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great Colleen. What focus, attention and color you bring to this art! I especially love that you've posted your design process. I think that is what makes a blog post so much more valuable and a cut above the rest.

    I also like that you wrote how you felt about your #84 dare result. I'm willing to bet that if you don't look at it for a bit, the Art Fairy will visit and you will soon see it with a new appreciation for it's design.

    ReplyDelete