Mixed Media Art

Translate

Friday, December 6, 2013

new blog

 It's been a month now since I first heard about 'zentangle' art.  It reminds me of stuff I used to do when I was in high school. I'm having fun with it.  It's more than doodling, it's like an art form.  I'm impressed with the websites and blogs that are full of patterns and inspiration!  I guess it's been around for years - I just didn't know about it...   

My friend and former supervisor at the Forest Service, Sue White is a 'certified' zentangle teacher, and when she posted about putting on a class in Orofino, ID, that's when I started looking online and learning more about it.

I did this carving this past April, before I had any clue about all these people doing this kind of art.

So, today I am learning how to set up a blog in case I want to participate in the dares/challenges.
I like seeing what all the different people do with their designs.  

 
11/10/13 My second journal page.




 11/11/13

 11/14/13
 
11/16


 11/19

 11/19

 11/22

 11/22

 11/22
 11/25


12/1

The pictures are really weird when uploading to the blog post.  I don't know how it determines the orientation of the photo, but it's hard to rotate them easily.  I have to delete it, then rotate it in word, then re-post.  There must be an easier way, but I don't know what it is...

















3 comments:

  1. Lovely colourful stuff - clearly Zentangle is something that pervades the whole world atmosphere. It's like tapping into a big pool of creativity! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Colleen. Love the colors and combinations. Congratulations on your blog launch!

    ReplyDelete